Friday, March 09, 2007

The Curse of the Mystic Relando The: 03/09/2007

I can't remember the last time I was so baffled by a show - even the title is bizarre. The Curse of the Mystic Relando The begins as a mock, recently unearthed, silent film and quickly turns into a performance-art cabaret; a sort-of Cabaret Voltaire with a cool band backing it up. Aldo Perez (as Relando The) is a trip-and-a-half and Jenny Lee Litchell (as the Maid) reminded me of a young Teri Garr with all of the physical comic ability of Lucille Ball. The show is basically a series of blackout sketches: some funny , some bizarre, some musical and some unexplainable. And while most of the show is very smart, without some sort of through-line or climax, ultimately I left The Curse of the Mystic Relando The unsatisfied. But I laughed very hard a times too...go figure.

For tickets & Info: www.3leggeddog.org

No comments:

Google